JYX > Opinnäytteet > Väitöskirjat > View Item
A posteriori error estimates and adaptive methods for incompressible viscous flow problems
Published inJyväskylä studies in computing
This thesis is focused on the development and numerical justification of a modern computational methodology that provides guaranteed upper bounds of the energy norms of an error. The methodology suggested is based on the so-called functional type a posteriori error estimates. Different linearizations of the Navier-Stokes equations are considered. Namely, estimates of the Stokes problem, the evolutionary Stokes problem and the system with rotation are proposed. For the system with rotation and semi-discrete approximations of the evolutionary Stokes problem, such type of estimates are presented for the first time. For the Stokes problem and the system with rotation, different numerical strategies are implemented. Numerical tests are performed in Cartesian and Cylindrical coordinate system. For the Stokes problem, a posteriori error estimates on a certain subdomain of interest are also tested. It is shown that functional type a posteriori error estimation methods give reliable and robust upper bounds of the error and realistic error indication. The approach suggested allows to construct efficient mesh-adaptive algorithms and provide a guaranteed accuracy for the approximate solutions. ...
- Artikkeli I: Gorshkova, E. & Repin, S. (2004). On the functional type a posteriori error Estimates for the Stokes problem . Proceeding of the ECCOMAS-2004, Jyväskylä, Finland, CD-ROM. Full text
- Artikkeli II: Gorshkova, E., Neittaanmäki, P., & Repin, S. (2006). Comparative study of the a posteriori error estimators for the Stokes problem. In Numerical Mathematics and Advanced Applications (ENUMATH) (pp. 252-259). Springer. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-540-34288-5_18
- Artikkeli III: Gorshkova, E., Neittaanmäki, P., & Repin, S. (2007). Mesh-adaptive methods for viscous flow problem with rotation. In Advances and Innovations in Systems, Computing and Software (pp. 105-107). Springer. DOI: 10.1007/978-1-4020-6264-3_20
- Artikkeli IV: Gorshkova, E., Mahalov, A., Neittaanmäki, P., & Repin, S. (2007). A posteriori error estimates for viscous flow problems with rotation. Journal of Mathematical Sciences, 142(1), 1749-1762. DOI: 10.1007/s10958-007-0085-6
- Artikkeli V: Gorshkova, E., Neittaanmaki, P., Repin, S. (2007). A posteriori error estimate for viscous flow problems with rotation. Oberwolfach Report 29/2007 "Adaptive Numerical methods for PDE's", Mathematisches Forschungsinstitut Oberwolfach, pp. 18-20. Full text
- Artikkeli VI: Gorshkova, E. & Repin, S. (2008). A posteriori error estimates for semi-discrete approximations of the evolutionary Stokes problem. Journal of mathematical Sciences.
MetadataShow full item record
- Väitöskirjat 
Showing items with similar title or keywords.
A posteriori error estimates for variational problems in the theory of viscous fluids Nokka, Marjaana (University of Jyväskylä, 2016)The papers included in the thesis are focused on functional type a posteriori error estimates for the Stokes problem, the Stokes problem with friction type boundary conditions, the Oseen problem, and the anti-plane Bingham ...
Localized forms of the LBB condition and a posteriori estimates for incompressible media problems Repin, Sergey (Elsevier BV; International Association for Mathematics and Computers in Simulation, 2018)The inf–sup (or LBB) condition plays a crucial role in analysis of viscous flow problems and other problems related to incompressible media. In this paper, we deduce localized forms of this condition that contain a collection ...
Functional a posteriori error equalities for conforming mixed approximations of elliptic problems Anjam, Immanuel; Pauly, Dirk (University of Jyväskylä, 2014)
A posteriori error control for Maxwell and elliptic type problems Anjam, Immanuel (University of Jyväskylä, 2014)
A posteriori estimates for the stationary Stokes problem in exterior domains Pauly, D.; Repin, S. (American Mathematical Society, 2019)This paper is concerned with the analysis of the inf-sup condition arising in the stationary Stokes problem in exterior domains and applications to the derivation of computable bounds for the distance between the exact ...