The trans-contextual model of motivation : an integrated multi-theory model to explain the processes of motivational transfer across context
Published inStudies in sport, physical education and health
PublisherUniversity of Jyväskylä
- Article I: Hagger, M. S., Chatzisarantis, N. D. L., Culverhouse, T., & Biddle, S. J. H. (2003). The processes by which perceived autonomy support in physical education promotes leisure-time physical activity intentions and behaviour: A trans-contextual model. Journal of Educational Psychology, 95, 784–795. DOI: 10.1037/0022-06126.96.36.1994
- Article II: Hagger, M. S., Chatzisarantis, N. L. D., Barkoukis, V., Wang, C. K. J., & Baranowski, J. (2005). Perceived autonomy support in physical education and leisure-time physical activity: A cross-cultural evaluation of the transcontextual model. Journal of Educational Psychology, 97, 376-390. DOI: 10.1037/0022-06188.8.131.526
- Article III: Hagger, M. S., Chatzisarantis, N. L. D., Hein, V., Pihu, M., Soós, I., Karsai, I., Lintunen, T. & Leemans, S. (2009). Teacher, peer, and parent autonomy support in physical education and leisure-time physical activity: A transcontextual model of motivation in four nations. Psychology and Health, 24, 689-711. DOI: 10.1080/08870440801956192
- Article IV: Hagger, M. S., & Chatzisarantis, N. L. D. (2012). Transferring motivation from educational to extramural contexts: A review of the trans-contextual model. European Journal of Psychology of Education, 27, 195-212. DOI: 10.1007/s10212-011-0082-5
- Article V: Hagger, M. S., & Chatzisarantis, N. L. D. The trans-contextual model of motivation in education: clarification of conceptual and empirical issues and meta-analysis. J Submitted.
- Article VI: Hagger, M. S., & Chatzisarantis, N. L. D. (2014). An integrated behaviorchange model for physical activity. Exercise and Sports Sciences Reviews, 42, 62-69. DOI: 10.1249/JES.0000000000000008
theory of planned behaviour self-determination theory trans-contextual model autonomous motivation self-determination motivation physical activity intentions path analysis theoretical integration dual-process model dual-systems theory motivaatio siirtovaikutus koululiikunta liikuntaharrastus asenteet nuoret teoriat mallit motivaatiopsykologia liikuntapsykologia liikuntakasvatus
MetadataShow full item record
- Väitöskirjat 
Showing items with similar title or keywords.
Predictors of In‐School and Out‐of‐School Sport Injury Prevention : A Test of The Trans‐Contextual Model Lee, Alfred S.Y.; Standage, Martyn; Hagger, Martin S.; Chan, Derwin K.C. (John Wiley & Sons, 2021)The current study aimed to predict secondary school students' motivation toward sport injury prevention in 'in-school' and 'out-of-school' contexts, and their sport injury prevention behaviour at 3-month follow-up using ...
Using physical education to promote out-of school physical activity in lower secondary school students : a randomized controlled trial protocol Polet, Juho; Hassandra, Mary; Lintunen, Taru; Laukkanen, Arto; Hankonen, Nelli; Hirvensalo, Mirja; Tammelin, Tuija; Hagger, Martin (BioMed Central, 2019)Background Given the documented decline in levels of physical activity in early adolescence, promoting physical activity in young people is a priority for health promotion. School physical education (PE) is an important ...
A classification of motivation and behavior change techniques used in self-determination theory-based interventions in health contexts Teixeira, Pedro J.; Marques, Marta M.; Silva, Marlene N.; Brunet, Jennifer; Duda, Joan L.; Haerens, Leen; La Guardia, Jennifer; Lindwall, Magnus; Lonsdale, Chris; Markland, David; Michie, Susan; Moller, Arlen C.; Ntoumanis, Nikos; Patrick, Heather; Reeve, Johnmarshall; Ryan, Richard M.; Sebire, Simon J.; Standage, Martyn; Vansteenkiste, Maarten; Weinstein, Netta; Weman-Josefsson, Karin; Williams, Geoffrey C.; Hagger, Martin S. (American Psychological Association (APA), 2020)While evidence suggests that interventions based on self-determination theory have efficacy in motivating adoption and maintenance of health-related behaviors, and in promoting adaptive psychological outcomes, the motivational ...
Applying the trans-contextual model to promote sport injury prevention behaviors among secondary school students Lee, Alfred S.Y.; Standage, Martyn; Hagger, Martin S.; Chan, Derwin K. C. (Wiley-Blackwell, 2021)The current study tested the effects of an intervention based on the trans-contextual model (TCM) on secondary school PE students’ sport injury prevention behaviour, and on theory-based motivational and social cognition ...
Understanding physical activity in adolecents with cerebral palsy from a self-determination theoretical perspective : a mixed method case study Ruiz Egea, Alfredo (2018)Ruiz Egea, Alfredo, 2018. Understanding physical activity in adolescents with cerebral palsy from a self-determination theoretical perspective: a mixed method case study. Master´s Thesis in Sport and Exercise Psychology. ...