Training surgical skills in a simulated and authentic environment : expertise challenges in development of surgical laparoscopy practicing
Published inJyväskylä studies in computing
PublisherUniversity of Jyväskylä
- Article I: Silvennoinen, M., Mecklin, J., Saariluoma, P., & Antikainen, T. (2009). Expertise and Skill in Minimally Invasive Surgery. Scandinavian Journal of Surgery 98, 209-213. Full text
- Article II: Silvennoinen, M., Antikainen,T,. & Mecklin, J-P. (2015). Video-assisted surgery: suggestions for failure prevention in laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Cognition, Technology and Work. 17 (1), 145-155 DOI: 10.1007/s10111-014-0317-8
- Article III: Silvennoinen, M., Helfenstein, S., Ruoranen, M., & Saariluoma, P. (2012). Learning basic surgical skills through simulator training. Instructional Science, 40 (5), 769-783. 10.1007/s11251-012-9217-6
- Article IV: Silvennoinen, M. (2011). Learning Surgical Skills with Simulator Training: Residents’ Experiences and Perceptions. In E. Cohen (Ed.), Proceedings of Informing Science & IT Education Conference (InSITE) 2011 (pp. 545-566). Santa Rosa, California, USA: Informing Science Institute. Full text
- Article V: Silvennoinen, M. (2008). Towards technology-supported surgical training. In Proceedigs of 21st IEEE International Conference on ComputerBased Medical Systems (pp. 415-420). Washington, DC, USA: IEEE CS Press. DOI: 10.1109/CBMS.2008.138
MetadataShow full item record
- Väitöskirjat 
Showing items with similar title or keywords.
Methodology Development in Adult Learning Research : Combining Physiological Reactions and Learning Experiences in Simulation-Based Learning Environments Silvennoinen, Minna; Vesisenaho, Mikko; Manu, Mari; Kullberg, Tiina; Malinen, Anita; Parviainen, Tiina (IATED, 2020)We aim to clarify whether physiological measurement technologies can be used in combination with traditional educational research methods to investigate learning experience. We developed an interdisciplinary research design ...
Exploring the conditions of English language education through the experience of Eritrean Sophomore English language learners and teachers Tewelde, Mussie; Moate, Josephine; Posti-Ahokas, Hanna (Jyväskylän yliopisto, 2023)This study addresses the little studied context of English language education in Eritrea. Despite the teaching of English as a subject and the forward-looking mother tongue policy implemented in Eritrean elementary education, ...
Development of pedagogical design in technology-rich environments for language teaching and learning Jalkanen, Juha (University of Jyväskylä, 2015)This study explores the development of pedagogical design for language teaching and learning in increasingly technology-rich environments. More specifically, it focuses on the process of design, enactment and analysis ...
Karjalainen, Suvi; Silvennoinen, Minna; Manu, Mari; Malinen, Anita; Parviainen, Tiina; Vesisenaho, Mikko (European Association for Practitioner Research, 2022)The aim of our research is to investigate what methods can be used to explore learning experiences. In this case example, we describe how we extracted quantitative and qualitative data reflecting learning experiences from ...
Ruoranen, Minna; Collin, Kaija; Paloniemi, Susanna; Eteläpelto, Anneli (Sense Publishers, 2013)This chapter explores the practice-based learning of surgical residents. We concentrate on the challenges encountered and experienced by the residents during their clinical practice. In line with Billett (2010), we understand ...