The effects of exercising in the cold on energy metabolism, skeletal muscle tissue oxygenation and immuno-endocrine responses
Published inStudies in sport, physical education and health
PublisherUniversity of Jyväskylä
- Article I: Gagnon D.D., Pullinen T., Karinen H., Rintamäki H., and Kyröläinen H. (2011) Recovery of hormonal, blood lipid, and hematological profiles from a North Pole expedition. Aviation, Space, and Environmental Medicine 82(12):1110-1117. DOI:10.3357/ASEM.3016.2011
- Article II: Gagnon D.D., Rintamäki H., Gagnon S.S., Cheung S.S., Herzig K.H., Porvari K., and Kyröläinen H. (2013) Cold exposure enhances fat utilization but not non-esterified fatty acids, glycerol or catecholamines availability during submaximal walking and running. Frontiers in Physiology 4. Article 99. DOI: 10.3389/fphys.2013.00099
- Article III: Gagnon D.D., Rintamäki H., Gagnon S.S., Oksa O., Porvari K., Cheung S.S., Herzig K.H., and Kyröläinen H. (2014) Fuel selection during short-term submaximal treadmill exercise in the cold is not affected by pre-exercise low-intensity shivering. Applied Physiology: Nutrition and Metabolism 39(3): 282-291. DOI: 10.1139/apnm-2013-0061
- Article IV: Gagnon D.D., Peltonen J., Rintamäki H., Gagnon S.S., Herzig K.H., Kyröläinen H. (2014) Ambient temperature and body cooling on skeletal muscle oxygenation during exercise. Submitted for publication.
- Article V: Gagnon D.D, Gagnon S.S., Rintamäki H., Törmäkangas T., Puukka K., Herzig K.H., Kyröläinen H. (2014) Immuno-modulation by cold exposure following acute exercise on leukocytes, endocrine and cytokine profiles in humans. Submitted for publication.
MetadataShow full item record
- Väitöskirjat 
Showing items with similar title or keywords.
Effects of military training on aerobic fitness, serum hormones, oxidative stress and energy balance, with special reference to overreaching Tanskanen, Minna (University of Jyväskylä, 2012)
Acute hormonal and muscular responses and recovery : chronic adaptations to single session combined strength and endurance training with regard to order effect Eklund, Daniela (2012)Combining both strength (S) and endurance (E) exercise loadings into a single training session can be considered to be of interest e.g. for time management purposes. However, the first loading in a combined session tends ...
Deep learning-based asteroid surface temperature evaluation from disk-resolved near-infrared spectra for thermal excess correction Lind, Leevi; Penttilä, Antti; Riihiaho, Kimmo A.; MacLennan, Eric; Pölönen, Ilkka (Elsevier BV, 2023)Near-Earth asteroids can become warm enough to emit radiation at near-infrared wavelengths, close to 2.5 μm. Thermal radiation can interfere with reflectance measurements in these wavelengths, and should be evaluated and ...
Cardiovascular responses to dynamic and static upper-body exercise in a cold environment in coronary artery disease patients Valtonen, Rasmus I. P.; Hintsala, Heidi H. E.; Kiviniemi, Antti; Kenttä, Tuomas; Crandall, Craig; van Marken, Lichtenbelt Wouter; Perkiömäki, Juha; Hautala, Arto; Jaakkola, Jouni J. K.; Ikäheimo, Tiina M. (Springer Science+Business Media, 2022)Purpose Upper-body exercise performed in a cold environment may increase cardiovascular strain, which could be detrimental to patients with coronary artery disease (CAD). This study compared cardiovascular responses of ...