E0 and E2 decay of low-lying O+ states in the even-even nuclei 206Pb, 208Po, 112-120Sn and 112,114Cd
Several new methods of in-beam conversion-electron and γ-ray spectrometry, applicable in the determination of E0 and E2 decay properties of low-lying 0+ states in even-mass nuclei, have been developed. The main attention has been paid to direct lifetime-measurement and coincidence methods based on the use of the natural pulsing of a cyclotron beam. With the aid of these methods, the similarity of the absolute decay rates of the two-neutron-hole 0+2 states in the N = 124 nuclei 206Pb and 208Po has been shown. A systematic investigation of the de-excitation of the 0+2 and 0+3 states in 112, 114, 116, 118, 120Sn has been carried out: twelve E0 transitions connecting the 0+ states have been observed, including very strong low-energy E0 transitions between the excited 0+ states, and several absolute transition probabilities have been determined. Furthermore, the new techniques have been applied successfully in determining the absolute E0 and E2 transition rates from the 0+2 and 0+3 states in 112Cd and 114Cd. The use of isotope-shift data in the calculation of the monopole strengths in 206Pb and 208Po is discussed. The results on even Sn and Cd nuclei are discussed within the framework of the coexistence of different shapes and of configuration mixing. ...
- Artikkeli I: Kantele, J., Luontamo, M., Passoja, A., Julin, R. (1975). A swept-current magnetic lens plus Si(Li) electron spectrometer with simultaneous momentum and energy selection. Nuclear Instruments and Methods, 130(2), 467-474. DOI: 10.1016/0029-554X(75)90044-0
- Artikkeli II: Julin, R., Kantele, J. Luontama, M., Poikolainen, T., Rahkonen, V. (1976). Half-lives of two-neutron-hole O2+ states in 206Pb and 208Po. Physics Letters B, 65(4), 337-338. DOI: 10.1016/0370-2693(76)90236-7
- Artikkeli III: Julin, R., Kantele, J., Luontama, M., Passoja, A., Poikolainen, T. (1978). A walk-free centroid method for lifetime measurements with pulsed beams. Nuclear Instruments and Methods Volume, 152(2–3), 471-475. DOI: 10.1016/0029-554X(78)90048-4
- Artikkeli IV: Kantele, J., Julin, R., Luontama, M., Passoja, A., Poikolainen, T., Backlin A. and Jonsson, N.-G. (1979). AbsoluteE0 andE2 transition rates and collective states in116Sn. Zeitschrift für Physik A Atoms and Nuclei, 289, 157–161. DOI: 10.1007/BF01435933
- Artikkeli V: Luontama, M., Kantele, J., Julin, R., Passoja, A., Poikolainen, T. and Pylvänäinen, M. (1979). A combination intermediate-image magnetic plus Si(Li) electron spectrometer for in-beam experiments. Nuclear Instruments and Methods Volume, 159(2–3), 339-345. DOI: 10.1016/0029-554X(79)90659-1
- Artikkeli VI: Bäcklin, A., Jonsson, N.-G., Julin, R., Kantele, J., Luontama, M., Passoja A. and Poikolainen, T. (1981). 0+ states and E0 and E2 transition rates in even Sn nuclei. Nuclear Physics A, 351(3), 490-508. DOI: 10.1016/0375-9474(81)90184-6
MetadataShow full item record
- Väitöskirjat 
Showing items with similar title or keywords.
Peltonen, Sami (University of Jyväskylä, 2009)The aim of this work has been to study the systematics of -decay fine structure in those cases, where the daughter nucleus is doubly even and has a 2+ state as the lowest excited state. Restriction to these decays is a ...
Microscopic nuclear-structure calculations for the low-lying collective states in even-even nuclei Kotila, Jenni (University of Jyväskylä, 2008)
Rahkila, Panu (University of Jyväskylä, 2010)The shape evolution in the neutron-de cient lead, polonium and radium nuclei has been investigated via in-beam and delayed y-ray and conversion electron spectroscopy. The lead isotope 180Pb is found to still exhibit ...
Petrache, C. M.; Lv, B. F.; Astier, A.; Dupont, E.; Wang, Y. K.; Zhang, S. Q.; Zhao, P. W.; Ren, Z. X.; Meng, J.; Greenlees, Paul; Badran, Hussam; Cox, Daniel; Grahn, Tuomas; Julin, Rauno; Juutinen, Sakari; Konki, Joonas; Pakarinen, Janne; Papadakis, Philippos; Partanen, Jari; Rahkila, Panu; Sandzelius, Mikael; Sarén, Jan; Scholey, Catherine; Sorri, Juha; Stolze, Sanna; Uusitalo, Juha; Cederwall, B.; Aktas, Ö.; Ertoprak, A.; Liu, H.; Matta, S.; Subramaniam, P.; Guo, S.; Liu, M. L.; Zhou, X. H.; Wang, K. L.; Kuti, I.; Timár, J.; Tucholski, A.; Srebrny, J.; Andreoiu, C. (American Physical Society, 2018)Evidence for chiral doublet bands has been observed for the first time in the even-even nucleus 136 Nd . One chiral band was firmly established. Four other candidates for chiral bands were also identified, which can ...
Kortelainen, Markus; Sun, Zhonghao; Hagen, Gaute; Nazarewicz, Witold; Papenbrock, Thomas; Reinhard, Paul-Gerhard (American Physical Society (APS), 2022)Radii of nuclear charge distributions carry information about the strong and electromagnetic forces acting inside the atomic nucleus. Whereas the global behavior of nuclear charge radii is governed by the bulk properties ...