Lotic life stages of the European river lamprey (Lampetra fluviatilis) : anthropogenic detriment and rehabilitation
PublisherUniversity of Jyväskylä
- Article I: Aronsuu K., Marjomäki T.J., Tuohino J., Wennman K., Vikström R. & Ojutkangas E. 2015. Migratory behaviour and holding habitats of adult river lampreys (Lampetra fluviatilis) in two Finnish rivers. BorealEnvironment Research 20: 120–144. Please see
- Article II: Aronsuu K. & Tertsunen J. 2015. Selection of spawning substratum by European river lampreys (Lampetra fluviatilis) in experimental tanks. Marine and Freshwater Behaviour and Physiology 48: 41–50. DOI: 10.1080/10236244.2014.987453
- Article III: Aronsuu K. & Virkkala P. 2014. Substrate selection by subyearling European river lampreys (Lampetra fluviatilis) and older larvae (Lampetra spp). Ecology of Freshwater Fish 23: 644–655. DOI: 10.1111/eff.12119
- Article IV: Ojutkangas E., Aronen K. & Laukkanen E. 1995. Distribution and abundance of river lamprey (Lampetra fluviatilis) ammocoetes in the regulated River Perhonjoki. Regulated Rivers: Research & Management 10: 239–245. DOI: 10.1002/rrr.3450100218
- Article V: Aronsuu K., Vikström R., Marjomäki T.J., Wennman K., Pakkala J., Mäenpää E., Tuohino J., Sarell J. & Ojutkangas E. 2015. Rehabilitation of two northern river lamprey (Lampetra fluviatilis) populations impacted by various anthropogenic pressures – lessons learnt in the past three decades. Manuscript.
MetadataShow full item record
- Väitöskirjat 
Showing items with similar title or keywords.
Rehabilitation of two northern river lamprey (Lampetra fluviatilis) populations impacted by various anthropogenic pressures : lessons learnt in the past three decades Aronsuu, Kimmo; Vikström, Risto; Marjomäki, Timo J.; Wennman, Kim; Pakkala, Jukka; Mäenpää, Eero; Tuohino, Jukka; Sarell, Juha; Ojutkangas, Esa (University of Jyväskylä, 2019)The pioneering work done during the past three decades in the regulated Rivers Perhonjoki and Kalajoki, Finland, to study and rehabilitate river lamprey populations is presented. The effects of various anthropogenic ...
Migratory behaviour and holding habitats of adult river lampreys (Lampetra fluviatilis) in two Finnish rivers Aronsuu, Kimmo; Marjomäki, Timo; Tuohino, Jukka; Wennman, Kim; Vikström, Risto; Ojutkangas, Esa (Boreal Environment Research Publishing Board, 2015)The effect of environmental factors on migratory activity of adult river lampreys entering the Kalajoki and Perhonjoki, rivers in Finland, for spawning was studied using correlation and regression analyses. Telemetric ...
Biological responses of midge (Chironomus riparius) and lamprey (Lampetra fluviatilis) larvae in ecotoxicity assessment of PCDD/F-, PCB- and Hg-contaminated river sediments Salmelin, Johanna; Karjalainen, Anna; Hämäläinen, Heikki; Leppänen, M. T.; Kiviranta, H.; Kukkonen, Jussi; Vuori, K. M. (Springer, 2016)We evaluated the utility of chironomid and lamprey larval responses in ecotoxicity assessment of polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins, dibenzofurans (PCDD/F)-, polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB)- and mercury (Hg)-contaminated ...
Lipid-related thiamine deficiency cause mortality of river lampreys (Lampetra fluviatilis) during pre-spawning fasting Vuorinen, Pekka J.; Juntunen, Esa-Pekka; Iivari, Juha; Koski, Perttu; Nikonen, Soili; Rokka, Mervi; Ritvanen, Tiina; Pakkala, Jukka; Heinimaa, Petri; Keinänen, Marja (Elsevier BV, 2023)River lampreys (Lampetra fluviatilis) were caught in the fall 2014 on entering the River Perhonjoki for spawning and kept at a hatchery until spawning in late spring 2015 to produce larvae for compensatory stockings. Since ...
Mikheev, V. N.; Pasternak, A. F.; Taskinen, J. (Nauka/Interperiodika, 2022)Variability in infection rates of trematodes Diplostomum pseudospathaceum in 0+ rainbow trout Oncorhynchus mykiss under different hydraulic regimes was studied in the experimental setup with regulated flow rates and ...