Genetic diversity in the wild : cyclic population dynamics and population isolation
DisciplineEkologia ja evoluutiobiologia
PublisherUniversity of Jyväskylä
- Artikkeli I: Rikalainen, 2013, K. Fast isolation by AFLP of sequences containing repeats (FIASCO). In Stella K. Kantartzi, Microsatellites. Methods in Molecular Biology. Vol. 1006, 57-6610.1007/978-1-62703-389-3_4
- Artikkeli II: Rikalainen, K., Grapputo, A., Knott, E., Koskela, E. & Mappes, T. 2008. A large panel of novel microsatellite markers for the bank vole (Myodes glareolus). Molecular Ecology Resources 8: 1164-1168. 10.1111/j.1755-0998.2008.02228.x
- Artikkeli III: Rikalainen, K., Aspi, J., Galaza, J.A., Koskela, E. & Mappes, T. 2012. Maintenance of genetic diversity in cyclic populations - a longitudinal analysis in Myodes glareolus. Ecology and Evolution 2: 1491-1502. Full text
- Artikkeli IV: Watts, P., Aspi, J., Galarza, J.A., Koskela, E., Kyröläinen, S., Lönn, E., Mappes, T. & Rikalainen, K. No evidence for selection at the vasopressin 1a and oxytocin receptors as a response to cyclical changes in mammalian population density. Manuscript.
- Artikkeli V: Rikalainen, K., Galarza, J.A., Koskela, E., Mappes, T., Parri S. & Grapputo, A. Genetic variability and benefits of inbreeding within vole populations in fragmented and continuous habitats. Manuscript.
MetadataShow full item record
- Väitöskirjat 
Showing items with similar title or keywords.
The maintenance of sexually antagonistic variation in reproductive success by negative frequency-dependence in the bank vole (Myodes glareolus) Martiskainen, Henna (2011)Natural selection theory predicts low variance in traits closely related to reproductive success, since the most fit trait value should replace all the others. However, a considerable amount of variation is found in ...
Maintenance of genetic diversity in cyclic populations - a longitudinal analysis in Myodes glareolus Rikalainen, Kaisa; Aspi, Jouni; Galarza, Juan; Koskela, Esa; Mappes, Tapio (Wiley-Blackwell, 2012)Conspicuous cyclic changes in population density characterize many populations of small northern rodents. The extreme crashes in individual number are expected to reduce the amount of genetic variation within a population ...
Selection on two behavioral genes : fitness effects of receptor genes for arginine vasopressin 1a and oxytocin in the bank vole Myodes glareolus Lönn, Eija (University of Jyväskylä, 2017)Most variation in behavior is regulated by genes; nevertheless the mechanisms behind maintenance of genetic diversity at behavioral loci have remained mainly elusive in natural populations. I studied in my thesis ...
Ovčarenko, Irina (University of Jyväskylä, 2014)
Kahilainen, Aapo (University of Jyväskylä, 2015)