Stretch reflex modulation during exercise and fatigue
Published inStudies in sport, physical education and health
PublisherUniversity of Jyväskylä
- Article I:Ogiso K, McBride JM, Finni T, Komi PV. (2002) Short-latency stretch reflex modulation in response to varying soleus muscle activities. J Electromyogr Kinesiol 12: 17-26
- Article I:II Ogiso K, McBride JM, Finni T, Komi PV. (2002) Stretch-reflex mechanical response to varying types of previous muscle activities. J Electromyogr Kinesiol 12: 27-36
- Article III: Ogiso K, McBride JM, Komi PV. (2003) The effects of effort levels and background EMG activities on short-latency stretch reflex modulation to varying types of soleus muscle contraction . Submitted
- Article IV: Ogiso K, Kuitunen S, Avela J and Komi PV (2003) Mechanical response elicited by a mechanical and electrical stimulation after different muscle contractions. Submitted.
- Article V: Ogiso K, Kuitunen S, Avela J and Komi PV (2003) Passive stretch reflex behavior and long-lasting eccentric exercise. Submitted.
- Article VI: Ogiso K, Kuitunen S, Avela J and Komi PV (2003) Fatigue and effects of background muscle contraction on reflex behavior. Submitted.
MetadataShow full item record
- Väitöskirjat 
Showing items with similar title or keywords.
Medial Gastrocnemius Muscle Architecture Is Altered After Exhaustive Stretch-Shortening Cycle Exercise Kositsky, Adam; Kidgell, Dawson J.; Avela, Janne (Frontiers Media, 2019)Muscle architecture is an important component of muscle function, and recent studies have shown changes in muscle architecture with fatigue. The stretch-shortening cycle is a natural way to study human locomotion, but ...
Muscle and joint stiffness regulation during normal and fatiguing stretch-shortening cycle exercise Kuitunen, Sami (University of Jyväskylä, 2010)
The effects of cold water immersion on medial gastrocnemius muscle architecture and performance post-exhaustive stretch-shortening cycle exercise Kositsky, Adam (2017)Cold water immersion (CWI) is a method highly used in the recovery from fatiguing exercise yet its efficacy is debated. It has been proposed that the resultant suppressed inflammation decreases pain and muscle soreness and ...
The effect of ageing and physical activity level on muscle fatigue during isometric contraction of knee extensor muscles Nahar, Nazmun (2013)Nahar, Nazmun 2013. Effect of ageing and physical activity level on muscle fatigue during isometric contraction of knee extensor muscles. Master’s theses in Biomechanics. Department of Biology of Physical Activity, University ...
Acute Floatation-REST Improves Perceived Recovery Following a High-Intensity Resistance Exercise Stress in Trained Men Caldwell, Lydia K.; Kraemer, William J.; Post, Emily M.; Volek, Jeff S.; Focht, Brian C.; Newton, Robert U.; Häkkinen, Keijo; Maresh, Carl M. (Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2022)Purpose The aim of the present investigation was to determine whether a one-hour floatation-REST session could augment recovery from high-intensity resistance exercise (6 x10 back squats, 2 minutes rest) known to induce ...