JYX > Opinnäytteet > Väitöskirjat > View Item
Neuromuscular performance in voluntary and reflex contraction with special reference to muscle structure and fatigue
Published inStudies in Sport, Physical Education and Health
- Artikkeli I: Viitasalo; J. T., and P. V. Komi. (1978). Force-time characteristics and fiber composition in human leg extensor muscle. European Journal of Applied Physiology and Occupational Physiology. 40: 7-15. DOI: 10.1007/BF00420984
- Artikkeli II: Viitasalo, J. T., Saukkonen, S. and Komi, P. V. (1980). Reproducibility of measurements of selected neuro-muscular performance variables in man. Electromyography and Clinical Neurophysiology, 20(6), 487-501.
- Artikkeli III: Viitasalo, J. T., and Komi, P. V. (1981). Interrelationships between electromyographic, mechanical, muscle structure and reflex time measurements in man. Acta Physiologica Scandinavica 111(1), 97-103. DOI: 10.1111/j.1748-1716.1981.tb06710.x
- Artikkeli IV: Viitasalo, J. T. and Komi, P. V. (1981). Effects of fatigue on isometric force and relaxation-time characteristics in human muscle. Acta Physiologica Scandinavica 111(1), 87-95. DOI: 10.1111/j.1748-1716.1981.tb06709.x
- Artikkeli V: Viitasalo, J. T., and Komi, P. V. (1980). EMG, reflex and reaction time components, muscle structure and fatigue during intermittent isometric contractions in man. International Journal of Sport Medicine, 01(4), 185-190. DOI: 10.1055/s-2008-1034657
MetadataShow full item record
- Väitöskirjat 
Showing items with similar title or keywords.
Stretch reflex modulation during exercise and fatigue Ogiso, Kazuyuki (University of Jyväskylä, 2003)
Neuromuscular, hormonal and molecular responses to heavy resistance training in strength trained men : with special reference to various resistance exercise protocols, serum hormones and gene expression of androgen receptor and insulin-like growth factor-I Ahtiainen, Juha (University of Jyväskylä, 2006)The present study was designed to obtain more information on mechanisms leading to muscle hypertrophy by determination of the effects of different heavy resistance exercise protocols on acute and chronic neuromuscular and ...
The effect of ageing and physical activity level on muscle fatigue during isometric contraction of knee extensor muscles Nahar, Nazmun (2013)Nahar, Nazmun 2013. Effect of ageing and physical activity level on muscle fatigue during isometric contraction of knee extensor muscles. Master’s theses in Biomechanics. Department of Biology of Physical Activity, University ...
Acute Neuromuscular and Hormonal Responses to Power, Strength, and Hypertrophic Protocols and Training Background Kotikangas, Johanna; Walker, Simon; Toivonen, Sara; Peltonen, Heikki; Häkkinen, Keijo (Frontiers Media SA, 2022)This study investigated how two slightly different athlete groups would differ in acute neuromuscular and endocrine responses to specific resistance exercise loadings and recovery compared to untrained participants. Power ...
The effects of cold water immersion on medial gastrocnemius muscle architecture and performance post-exhaustive stretch-shortening cycle exercise Kositsky, Adam (2017)Cold water immersion (CWI) is a method highly used in the recovery from fatiguing exercise yet its efficacy is debated. It has been proposed that the resultant suppressed inflammation decreases pain and muscle soreness and ...