JYX > Opinnäytteet > Väitöskirjat > View Item
Effects of physical training in middle-aged and elderly people : with special regards to skeletal muscle, connective tissue, and functional aging
Published inStudies in Sport, Physical Education and Health
- Artikkeli I: Suominen, H., Heikkinen, E., Liesen, H. et al. (1977). Effects of 8 weeks' endurance training on skeletal muscle metabolism in 56–70-year-old sedentary men. European Journal of Applied Physiology and Occupational Physiology. 37, 173–180. DOI: 10.1007/BF00421772
- Artikkeli II: Suominen, H., Heikkinen, E.; Parkatti, T. (1977). Effect of Eight Weeks' Physical Training on Muscle and Connective Tissue of the M. Vastus Lateralis in 69-year-old Men and Women. Journal of Gerontology, (32)1, pp. 33–37. DOI: 10.1093/geronj/32.1.33
- Artikkeli III: Suominen, H., Heikkinen, E., Moisio, H., Viljamaa, K. (1978). Physical and chemical properties of skin in habitually trained and sedentary men. British Journal of Dermatology 99(2), 147-154. DOI: 10.1111/j.1365-2133.1978.tb01975.x
- Artikkeli IV: Suominen, H., Heikkinen, E. (1975). Enzyme activities in muscle and connective tissue of M. vastus lateralis in habitually training and sedentary 33 to 70-year-old men. European Journal of Applied Physiology and Occupational Physiology 34, 249–254. DOI: 10.1007/BF00999938
- Artikkeli V: Suominen, H.; Heikkinen, E.; Parkatti, T.; Forsberg, S. and Kiiskinen, A. (1977). Effects of "lifelong" physical training on functional aging in men. Scandinavian Journal of Social Medicine. Supplementum Vol. 14, Proceedings of the III Nordic Congress of Gerontology Turku 1977, pp. 225-240. Full text
MetadataShow full item record
- Väitöskirjat 
Showing items with similar title or keywords.
Cognitive and physical functions among middle-aged and older people: A special emphasis on executive functions and walking Tirkkonen, Anna (2023)Cognitive and physical functions are key factors for safe walking. Unfortunately, these functions deteriorate with age and therefore older adults may experience difficulties in outdoor mobility. In women, decline in cognitive ...
Stretch-shortening cycle in skeletal muscle function : with special reference to elastic energy and potentiation of myoelectrical activity Bosco, Carmelo (1982)Mechanical behaviour of human leg extensor muscles was investigated under conditions of varied stretch-shortening (eccentric-concentric) cycle movements of the vertical jump. In these exercises the muscular performance was ...
Bidirectional associations between cognitive functions and walking performance among middle-aged women Tirkkonen, Anna; Kekäläinen, Tiia; Aukee, Pauliina; Kujala, Urho M.; Laakkonen, Eija K.; Kokko, Katja; Sipilä, Sarianna (Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2022)Objective: This study investigated whether (1) cognitive functions change after the transition from the perimenopausal to the postmenopausal stage, (2) cognitive functions and walking are associated in middle-aged women, ...
Effects of chemotherapy and blocking activin receptor signaling on skeletal muscle size, oxidative capacity and function Poikonen, Aino (2016)Introduction. Doxorubicin (DOX) is widely used as a chemotherapy drug for cancer. However, it is known to affect negatively skeletal muscle mass and function, which can expose to other diseases and decrease survival rate. ...
Effects of intrinsic aerobic capacity, aging and physical activity on interleukin-15 protein level in serum and skeletal muscle Hyödynmaa, Juho (2015)Myokines are cytokines and other peptides produced in muscle that can transmit autocrine, paracrine or endocrine signals to other tissues. This is a potential way for exercise to carry out its beneficial effects on different ...