Rehabilitation after lumbar spine fusion : development of an exercise program
Published inStudies in sport, physical education and health
PublisherUniversity of Jyväskylä
- Article I: Tarnanen S, Neva MH, Kautiainen H, Ylinen J, Pekkanen L, Kaistila T, Vuorenmaa M, Häkkinen A. 2013. The early changes in trunk muscle strength and disability following lumbar spine fusion. Disability & Rehabilitation 35(2): 134-139. Malli: DOI: 10.3109/09638288.2012.690496
- Article II: Tarnanen S, Ylinen J, Siekkinen K, Mälkiä E, Kautiainen H, Häkkinen A. 2008. Effect of isometric upper-extremity exercises on the activation of core stabilizing muscles. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 89(3): 513-521. Malli: DOI: 10.1016/j.apmr.2007.08.160
- Article III: Tarnanen S, Siekkinen K, Häkkinen A, Mälkiä E, Kautiainen H, Ylinen J. 2012. Core muscle activation during dynamic upper limb exercise in women. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research 26(12): 3217-3224. Malli: DOI: 10.1519/JSC.0b013e318248ad54
- Article IV: Tarnanen S, Neva MH, Häkkinen K, Kankaanpää M, Ylinen J, Kraemer W, Newton R, Häkkinen A. 2014. Neutral spine control exercises in rehabilitation after lumbar spine fusion. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research; 28(7): 2018-2025. DOI: 10.1519/JSC.0000000000000334
- Article V: Tarnanen S, Neva MH, Dekker J, Häkkinen K, Vihtonen K, Pekkanen L, Häkkinen A. 2012. Randomized controlled trial of postoperative exercise rehabilitation program after lumbar spine fusion: study protocol. BMC Musculuskeletal Disorders; 13: 123. DOI: 10.1186/1471-2474-13-123
MetadataShow full item record
- Väitöskirjat 
Showing items with similar title or keywords.
Effectiveness of a 12-month home-based exercise program on trunk muscle strength and spine function after lumbar spine fusion surgery : a randomized controlled trial Ilves, Outi; Neva, Marko H.; Häkkinen, Keijo; Dekker, Joost; Järvenpää, Salme; Kyrölä, Kati; Häkkinen, Arja (Taylor & Francis, 2020)Purpose: The effectiveness of a 12-month home-exercise program on trunk muscle strength after lumbar spine fusion surgery was evaluated. Materials and methods: Three months postoperatively, 98 patients were randomized ...
Randomized Trial of General Strength and Conditioning Versus Motor Control and Manual Therapy for Chronic Low Back Pain on Physical and Self-Report Outcomes Tagliaferri, Scott D.; Miller, Clint T.; Ford, Jon J.; Hahne, Andrew J.; Main, Luana C.; Rantalainen, Timo; Connell, David A.; Simson, Katherine J.; Owen, Patrick J.; Belavy, Daniel L. (MDPI, 2020)Exercise and spinal manipulative therapy are commonly used for the treatment of chronic low back pain (CLBP) in Australia. Reduction in pain intensity is a common outcome; however, it is only one measure of intervention ...
The effectiveness of 12 months' intensive shoulder strength training on disability, health-related quality of life and shoulder function after rotator cuff repair Piitulainen, Kirsi (University of Jyväskylä, 2017)This study examined the effectiveness of intensive shoulder strength training on disability, health-related quality of life (HRQoL) and shoulder function in patients who had undergone rotator cuff repair (RCR). In ...
Effect of Biomechanical Footwear on upper and lower leg muscle activity in comparison with knee brace and normal walking Ylinen, Jari; Pennanen, Antti; Weir, Adam; Häkkinen, Arja; Multanen, Juhani (Elsevier, 2021)Aim To evaluate the activity of knee stabilizing muscles while using custom-made biomechanical footwear (BF) and to compare it when walking barefoot and with a knee brace (Unloader®). Methods Seventeen healthy ...
Masood, Tahir (University of Jyväskylä, 2015)